Phone Link ( also known as Your Phone) is the official Microsoft feature that allows you to link your mobile device with your desktop computer to make working with it more comfortable. Phone Link app comes with Windows 10 and 11 and can easily access by using this link aka.ms/phonelinkqrc.
To experience all these features, you need to connect your Windows PC and smartphone using the Phone Link app. Therefore, we have explained the entire process of doing the same in the next section.
System Requirements to Link Phone
- Android Device: Android 7, Phone screen feature requires Android 11.
- PC OS: Windows 10 version 17134.0 or above, Xbox One.
- Hardware: ARM, ARM64, x64, x86, Bluetooth feature available.
How to Link my phone with a QR code?
Start from your PC:
- Open the Start menu, type Your Phone, and then select the Phone Link app from the results.
Note: If this step doesn’t work on your device then go to www.aka.ms/phonelinkpin on your web browser this link will directly take you to the phone link app
- Click Get Started.
- Then, you’ll ask to sign into your Microsoft account.
Additional tip: You need to be signed into the same Microsoft account on both your Android device and PC in order to link your devices.
- The app will then open to a screen that displays a QR code for you to scan—we’ll come back to that.
- Go back to your PC and click the I have the Link to Windows app installed on my phone check box.
- Select the Pair with QR code button, and a QR code will appear on your PC screen.
Note: If you want to pair your device without using a QR code, select the Pair manually.
- On your Android device, the app should be open to a screen with a camera on it, use this screen to scan the QR code.
- Now your Android device will prompt you for several device permissions.
Start from your Android device:
- In the browser search bar, type aka.ms/yourpc to open the phone link app.
- Now, you’ll be prompted to open Link to Windows, which is preinstalled on your Android device.
- Sign in to the Phone link app with the same Microsoft account you’re signing in to on your PC.
- Now, you’ll be prompted to scan a QR code that’s displayed on your PC
- Then, use the Phone link app’s camera to scan the QR code.
- Now it will prompt you for several device permissions to allow you to access your phone and your PC.